This week was a combination of practicing and perfecting. Our driving team Chrys Sanchez and Manish Shretha maneuvered the controls to best complete the objective we needed. We practiced getting totes to and fro from their designated areas. We saw the various ways in which we could stack the boxes and in how many sets of them at a time. The team looked for the easiest and fastest way to get more done in a smaller period of time. Apart from this we also did a lot of troubleshooting, in the sense that we looked how to solve any problems that my come our way during competition. We checked how we would lift the can if it were on its side or even upside down. Overall, this was a week of problem-solving.
This week was particularly heavy for our programming department. This was the week in which we would test all of the functions and make sure that everything was working the way that it should. Our head programmer Li, alongside our mentor Bob led most of the testing on the robot. They ensured that the actuators were working at the same speed so that there would be no problem when trying to pick up totes and put them down. We didn’t want one actuator moving faster than the other, that would be unfortunate. Also during this week, we tested out our Autonomous. We had some difficulty in this department being that we got off to a rough start. However, by the end of the week, our programming team figured out the issue and made it run smoothly. Also towards the end of the week we got to do some practicing with a different school, Brooklyn Tech, they were kind enough to lend us some practice space. This week was quite a long one but in the end its where we made the most improvements on Midas.